220 Admiral Blvd
Kansas City, MO 64106
In 1907, The Buick Automobile Company
of Kansas City moved their sales office from east 15th Street to
a new warehouse at 220 Admiral Boulevard. The Buick Building
was among the first facilities in Kansas City to be designed specifically
as an auto warehouse and the first and only Buick dealer in Kansas
City until 1912. Frank S. Rea, a noted Kansas City architect,
designed the building, constructed in 1908. By 1948, the building
housed Marshall's Auto Supply and three clothing manufacturers,
but by 1992 was vacant.
In 2003, the building was redesigend
as a 22 unit loft-style apartment building, with parking in the
basement as well as a 10,000 sq. ft. nightclub on the first floor.
The apartments range from 500 to 2200 square feet and are furnished
with full-size washer and dryer, central air, dishwasher, refrigerator
with icemaker, electric range, ceiling fan, and aluminum window
blinds. Each apartment is an all-electric unit with tenants
paying electric and owner paying water. The apartment entrance
is on the west side through a secured gate, which leads to a lobby
with mailboxes and an elevator that serves the basement as well
as the top floors. Units rent for $500 to $2000 per month
with basement parking an additional $25 per month.